Santa Clara County Assessor, Larry Stone rejoins Joe Cucchiara in studio today. Larry gives us a summary of the Silicon Valley market starting from our last economic downturn and explains the role of Proposition 8 during economic swings. Joe and Larry then talk about the recession’s effect on how people are spending today and the lack of home ownership in the US. Other topics discussed include:
- Millennials and their effect on the economy
- Property tax allocation- where does the money go and how can distribution be changed
- What’s going on with the incomplete and deserted Sunnyvale Town Center?
- Prop 13- How does it work and how does it affect home owners and buyers?
- Steven asks if a 20% down payment, fixed rate mortgage and having payments no higher than 33% your monthly income are the still three most important conditions for purchasing a house?
Call in with your questions during the show at 1 (800) 516-1220 between 3-4 pm PST on AM 1220 KDOW. To learn more about all our hosts and how to contact them, simply visit www.reradiolive.com.