Rejoining Host Joe Cucchiara today is Doug Duncan, the Senior Vice President and Chief Economist for Fannie Mae. First off Joe will ask to Doug give us his perspective on the overall state of the economy and address lackluster growth concerns. He then has Doug clarify the purpose of Fannie Mae and their impact on consumers and the government. We also get Doug’s view on:
- Significant changes and misunderstandings to Fannie Mae policies and programs
- Will rates stay flat and what could push rates up?
- Push to Privatize Fannie Mae
- Are big banks troublesome for the economy?
- Creating (and sustaining) home ownership
- Presidential candidates and their economic policies
- Housing bubbles in the Bay Area and the rest of the United States
Doug also takes a call from Debra who is contemplating a home equity line of credit over refinancing and has a question about rates.
Be sure to listen in between 3-4pm PST on AM 1220 KDOW. To learn more about all our hosts and how to contact them, simply visit www.reradiolive.com.